One way to make your wardrobe more sustainable is to choose eco-friendly materials. Sustainable fabrics can create stylish and quality clothes just like any other brand. Here's a guide to some of the most popular sustainable fabrics:
- Organic Cotton: Regular cotton requires a lot of water and pesticides to grow. Organic cotton, on the other hand, is grown without harmful chemicals, making it a more sustainable choice. It is also biodegradable.
- Hemp: Hemp is a fast-growing plant that requires minimal water and pesticides to grow. It is also very versatile, and can be used to make a wide range of fabrics, from soft and breathable to sturdy and durable.|
- Linen: Linen is made from the fibres of the flax plant, which requires less water and fewer pesticides than cotton. It is also a very durable fabric, and can last for many years with proper care.
- Tencel: Tencel is a type of lyocell made from sustainably sourced wood pulp. It is produced using a closed-loop process, which means that almost all of the chemicals used in the production process are recycled.
- Recycled Polyester: Polyester is a synthetic fabric that is not biodegradable. Recycled polyester, however, is made from recycled plastic bottles, reducing the amount of plastic waste that ends up in landfills.
- Wool: Wool is a natural, renewable fibre that is biodegradable. It is also very durable, and can last for many years with proper care.
- Bamboo: Bamboo is a fast-growing plant that requires minimal water and pesticides to grow. It can be used to make a soft, breathable fabric that is perfect for clothing.
When shopping for sustainable fabrics, look for certifications such as Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and OEKO-TEX, which ensure that the fabrics meet certain environmental and social standards.
Here at Stacey Martin Lifestyle, we create sustainable wear that is not only stylish but luxurious and comfortable. We use the materials listed above in our clothing lines, so you can feel comfortable that a decision to patronize us is a step towards a more sustainable fashion industry. Shop with us now!